Guys, the wedding is only four and a half months away and there's still so much to do! I've been finding a lot of inspiration in different places, but mostly Pinterest. It really helps, but it also confuses me on which ideas I want and can use. My little Pinterest Strike didn't go as planned...
I've decided to set myself a checklist for February of what needs to be done this month. It's on my calendar that's on my fridge, so I should see it every day to remind myself.
- Invitations - People need to reply by April 30 so they should be going out by the end of this month, tops. Allison is almost done! She's sent me proofs, and I am tooooo excited to see the finished product!
- Flowers - Why the hell should I spend SO much money on bouquets that I'll be holding for 2 hours? No thank you! That money can definitely be saved or go towards something else. I've decided on Paper Flowers and/or fake flowers. It won't look cheap unless you're at the wedding and you're a very judgmental person. We're young and broke, why waste money on flowers?
- Rental Equipment - Our venue is supplying a TON of the necessities, like tables and table cloths, but they don't supply many decorations. They told us about a lady who makes wedding supplies and rents them out to people. I've contacted her and her prices are pretty reasonable and she has some stuff that I like. It's now just finding the time this month to go to her shop in Langley, BC.
- Hotels - Before the invitations go out, I need to research hotels in the area and go about booking a ton of rooms for out-of-town guests (which is practically the whole guest list).
- Registries - Every time that Rob and I are in the mall I mention we could pop in to one of the stores and do a registry, but he always just wants us to plan a day to do it. Well, I've started the planning for that and I have a couple days off next week. These will help with the bridal shower!
- Centerpieces - This is a project that could be done in February or March. I just want to get them done and over with so I can worry about other things. I have to make those paper flowers before I can make these, though.
- Fabric - I need to research good deals on burlap and lace if I'm going to create the vision I had in mind for all the tables.
- Music - We've opted out of having a DJ (so far) and have decided to just use our iPod and speakers. It worked at my sister-in-law's wedding, so why not ours?
How's your wedding planning going?